Monday, October 3, 2011

Marvelous Monday

Hello, Everyone.

I hope you all have had a productive weekend.  I had a busy weekend.  Saturday, I cleaned house (that's my Saturday chore).  I really need to try to do house cleaning on a day during the week so I can have Saturdays off.  Just not sure what day during the week I can utilize that I am not already busy, ugh.

Saturday evening we attended Light the Night Walk, Luekemia & Lymphoma Society charitable event.  Discovery Green Park, downtown Houston hosted the activities.  All the major sponsors have tents and the walk takes place at Minute Maid Park.- home plate.  Ballons are set free at the beginning of the walk for those that survied, those that are fighting, and for those remembered.  It's an awesome walk and great cause.  Lots of activties and live music thoughout the night.  I was encouraged to particiate by my daughter, Ashley, who volunteed at her job to walk, the firm where she works was a local sponsor.  It was a great turn out.

All day Sunday I spent in my craft room, while my husband watched -- yes, football!  TEXANS won!  Beat the Steelers!  Woo-hooo. (Sorry, Kathy - we beat you guys). :)

Now for the fun stuff.  I wanted to share the project I worked on.  I used my Close to My Heart Art Philosphy Cartridge and made two Halloween pillow boxes as a surprise for two special little children that will be getting 'happy mail'.  I decorated with cut outs from my Chic & Scary Cartridge.  The paper I used is from Little Yellow Bicycle 'frightul Collection'.  Decorated with stickles and bling, added some bows I cut out of Halloween ribbon. Viola, fill with treats and you can make anyone happy.

Here are the two final results.
Front view - Cut with Chic & Scary
pillow box cut with Art Philosphy
Back view - bats cut with Chic & Scary
Well, I hope I have given you some ideas.  I really enjoyed cutting with my new Art Philosphy Cartridge and Chic & Scary - right now those are my two favorites.  I will be making lots of different projects with these two carts and sharing.

I hope everyone has a great day.  Show some love, leave a comment.

Thanks for dropping by, until next time.
Jackie, inspired by scrapping

2 comments:

  1. I know they will love it. Wow. What a wonderful heart you have. I am happy to know you and humbled.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Never Growing Old