Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday :)

Wonderful Wednesday everyone and welcome to Inspired-By-Scrapping!  I hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday.  It has been a busy day around here.  Last night my allergies kicked in and I just did not get around to finishing my pumpkins as I thought.  But I will finish and I will post the finished photos on my blog.

Autumn is in the air at my house finally.  I have pulled out the fall decorations and have placed them throughout the house (I have also placed all my Halloween decor out too).  I love this time of year, my truly favorite time.  I wish the weather would work with us here, it is not as hot as it has been, cool mornings, so I love it, but still warmer than I like for Fall.  Hince where the allergies flare up - great weather, pollen high!

I wanted to share with you another easy project.  One of my favorite and most simple decorations are these newspaper rubbed leaves.  Just walk outside and collect some leaves from your yard or school ground or local field.  These are inspired by http://villicanamomma.blogspot.com/2009/09/newspaper-leaves.html.  Found them on Tatertots & Jello.


We all have newspaper lying around and most defintely some leaves outside.  This would be a great project for school-aged children also.  A weekend project at home to keep the kiddos busy and doing things together as a family.  Not on the computer and watching television.  Try it.  Let me know what you think.

Here are the fast and easy directions and  things you will need.

Leaves freshly fallen from a tree, not dry or brittle, in various sizes.
Newspaper
Crayons in Autumn colors
Scissors
Twine or ribbon, if you would like to string the leaves and/or decorate
Tape or adhesive if you would like to display the leaves in a window

Here is what you will need to do to create some leaves of your own.

Place leaf on a flat, dry surface. Cover the entire leaf with a piece of newspaper. Use crayons to gently rub over the entire leaf until the shape of the leaf emerges through the newspaper. Use coordinating crayons to highlight and define the shape of the leaf. Cut out and hang for display. Sit back and enjoy!

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope I have inspired you to let your inner-crafter out.  Have a wonderful and safe evening.  Hope to see you back again.

Jackie

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do with the kids. I will definitely be doing this with the grandkids. I can envision helping them decorate their front porch just in time for Fall.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Never Growing Old