Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday Count-down: 5 days until Halloween

Hello, Everyone!

I hope you are all having a FABULOUS week.  I cannot believe it is Wednesday, hump day.  Where does the time go?  Are you all ready for more projects?  I am trying to get as many as I can done before this weekend for Halloween.  Then I'm done with Halloween!  Eeeek!

I took the day off to get some things done.  Plus I am really not that busy at work.  We are in trial, but as far as what I have to do, I have done it.  So, decided what better time to take off, than now.

I made a few more bottles for Terri, co-worker.  I want to be able to take them to her tomorrow so she can enjoy them for Halloween.  They are altered wine bottles.  I just cut labels, cut some with my Cricut Happy Haunting Cartridge, mod-podge the bottles, and spray glitter mist on them, let dry and bling them up.
front of the bottles

back of the bottles


I also had a little time to alter a frame for Halloween ($1.00 frame from Dollar Tree and scraps of Halloween paper I have had leftover in my scraps stash).  I also recycled CD that wasn't useable anymore and made another witch hat with a styrofoam cone I happen to have (also from the Dollar Tree).  Covered with left-over Halloween paper, crepe paper, and "EEK!" wooden word from Hobby Lobby for .39 cents, put a bow and some stickles/bling and viola!  Witch Hat #2.  I feel like I am on a roll.

The phrase on the frame I cut with my Cricut machine from the Chic & Scary Cartridge, the rosettes I just cut out of Halloween paper and scored and glued together and embellished with skeleton in center and button on the other.  That about has been my day today.  I think it has been productive.

I also wanted to share these awesome Witch Boots!  Yes, covered w/again Halloween Paper!  So, easy to do.  If you want to know more about how to make the boots here is the link: http://blog.basicgrey.com/?p=683  Remember you can also make some for Christmas as deco for your home.  Yes, like elf booties!  I will try to get to making some of these and post sometime in the near future.
here is the template: (also the Happy Hauntings Cartridge has witches boots)  These would make great cards!  Can't wait to start working on these.  Yay!


I hope your day has also been productive in whatever you are doing or have done.  I again, appreciate you dropping by to check out my projects.  I hope I inspire you.  Leave me some craft love, thanks again.

Live, laugh, and love
hugs,
Jackie

9 comments:

  1. Love the shoes. Everything came out beautiful.
    I'm a follower of your blog now. Tks for following mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects. I'm in the Houston area too and am one of your newest followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are wickedly pretty! Someone sent my sister a picture of the same boots, papered differently. It's good to know the source! They are so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Projects!! WOW! I really love th boots :) TFS. I'm a new follower

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool projects!! Loved browsing through your blog!!

    What a TREAT to see your decoration linked up at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great projects Jackie!! I love them all!! Thanks for sharing them with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jackie!!! Love-love these shoes!!!

    Thanks for visiting and following me! I love having you in the family! Of course, I'll be here following what you do also.

    Jackie, I've been browsing your place a little and you have the cutest projects here. I'll be back again and again as I can to see more!

    I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Never Growing Old