Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday Tasks!

Good Day, Everyone:

This week has been a busy week at work.  I have lots of paperwork to accomplish and dockets to post online and things to organize and trials to set.

I also would love to be crafting and creating more, but family and work take priority.

I wanted to share my project with you.  I am doing an altered frame swap with http://creatingacraftylife.ning.com/ my swap buddy is Ashley check her blog too http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/

I have completed the frame, finally.  I should have taken a picture of the frame before, but I always forget when I alter a project.  I have to get in the habit of taking a before and after picture.  I will eventually remember the steps and get them straight so I can share the whole project I am working on with you.  The frame started out to be white w/pink poka-dots.  Then I painted it black, I put crackle paint on it, I then tried to put a vintage color on it to get it a weathered look and I didn't like the look, so I went back to black with crackle.  I made the roses from paper.  Inspired by Tim Holtz (but cut with George Cart) that idea is from Kathy, Paper Phenomenon http://www.paperphenomenon.blogspot.com/.  She posted a tutorial on utube (here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edApDLVUWSw) The roses come out beautiful and you can use them on almost anything.  I love flowers and use them a lot, I keep a box made for use.  I embellished the corners (I don't know when to stop) and accented with 'making memories' vintage metal tag and 'Tim Hotlz' ideaology tag, also 'little yellow bicycle' clear cuts 'love letters'.  Yes, I believe that was all (all I could fit on it anyway - lol).  I am very pleased with it, I love how it came out and I hope that Ashley does too.  Here are the photos of the completed project.


Thanks for dropping by as always your comments are very appreciated.  Please come again.
Enjoy the journey, live well, laugh often, love a lot, and be happy ;)
({hugs})
Jackie

2 comments:

  1. Your altered frame is gorgeous! I love all the pretty details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your altered frame; it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Never Growing Old