Sunday, November 6, 2011

Monday Challenges!

Hello Everyone

I hope you all had a fabulous and productive weekend.  I was having a fun time blog hopping this weekend.  It is very time consuming, but the talent and awesome blogs you can come across is tremendous.  I didn't realize so many talented people that share the same passion were out there.  It makes me happy to find such great talented people.  Thank you to all the new followers!  I appreciate everyone's comments.  I am still a newbie to the blogging world and am hoping to get a large following to share my projects and ideas.

So this weekend I was busy trying to finish several of the challenges too I am trying to enter.  I have a couple projects ready.  I had a fun time making these too.  I also have swaps I am working on getting out to some fabulous ladies.  Crafting is a lot of fun, I just wish I could do this more often.  But I have other duties, responsibilities, and work that takes me away.  LOL.

This month is my daughter's birthday.  Ashley will be 23 on November 20th.  So, I figured this would be a fun time to work on some projects I am going to make for her.

"Decorate to Celebrate" has the perfect challenge.  The goal is to decorate your celebrations with lots of decorations and party supplies.  Here is their link, join the fun and check out all the projects.
http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-12-surprise-its-birthday.html

Also, Joyful Stamper:" Inspire me Fridays" also has another challenge to celebrate projects.  Here is their link, come follow along and enter the challenge also see other fabulous projects.
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspire-me-fridays-31-linky-party.html

Today I will be entering one of the projects in the challenge "Decorate to Celebrate" and "the Joyful Stamper:Inspire me Fridays".  I have made Ash a two-tier cupcake and candy dish (of course you can use it for cookies, candy, cupcakes, anything, even stacking crafting supplies).  She loves cupcakes and candy.  I told her I could make her the best cupcakes that had no calories and would last forever! he he he.

Here is her first "birthday project."



Zero Calorie Cupcakes!  LOL, okay so, I bought the pie pans from the Dollar Tree (you can make a three-tier goodie tray).  I used a candle holder in the middle.  I painted first one pie pan yellow and the other orange (covered with 1" circles). Then I painted the whole two-tier tray with metalic bronze paint to give it that rich look.  I took the circles off and have yellow and orange circles on the pans as decorations.  I blingaged it up with some beads around the top pan. 

I made some zero calorie cupcakes (scored 1.5x12 paper as the cupcake holder), glued a dollie to bottom, ribbon as deco, stuffed with stuffing to create cream, paint for frosting, and a cherry on top!  Viola, zero calorie cupcakes ;)

The bottom tier I just put in variety of candy (those do have calories).

I hope you have enjoyed today's Decorate to Celebrate project.  Thanks for dropping by.
Enjoy the journey, live, laugh, and love!
({hugs})
Jackie

6 comments:

  1. really cute idea thank you for sharing with us at decorate to celebrate for our month long birthday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and YUMMY looking:) Thank you for linking to Decorate to Celebrate!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot-wooot!! First your cupcake holder is GORGEOUS. I'm going to have to pilfer that idea if you don't mind.

    SECONDLY, you've WON BLOG CANDY in my Christmas is For Kids banner hop this weekend. Please send me your mailing address via e-mail to me (see below) and I'll get your prize out right away. It's announced on my blog today, so revisit!!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and I LOVE the zero calorie cupcakes! Your daughter will love it! (She doesn't read your blog, does she? Wouldn't want her surprise spoiled!)

    How clever to use pie pans and a candle holder to make a tiered dish!
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Decorate to Celebrate. Creative idea for the cupcakes.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is WOW!!! I will be scraplifting. Amazing job! Thanks for linking at DTC.

    Christel
    DTC Guest Designer
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Never Growing Old