Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Monday!

Good day, All!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving, so much to be thankful for everyday.

This will be a Holiday month!  Soon it will be Christmas and there is a lot of work to do.  I have to decorate my house for Christmas. I have officially started this weekend my long, but fun process.  I need a lot of time because I put up several trees with different themes.  I love a lot of decorations and a lot of 'stuff'!

I will give you a progress of my deco as I go along.

Today I want to share this fabulous snowman family!  So cute!  I have a corner dedicated to my snowmen and these will be part of the family this year.
Are these not sooooo cool or what!





How To Make A 2x4 Snowman Family 

Cut out 8-2x4 blocks (2" x 3 1/2")
Sand the edges, giving them a chunky look.
Paint the blocks.  Vanilla is a nice color. 
Sand the edges to give them a distressed look.
On three of the blocks, tape off the top section for the hat.  (mixed dark brown and black paint together for the hat color.)  Right after they are painted, peel the tape off.  After the paint is dry, sand the edges to let some of the white paint through.
For the lower sections, choose scrapbook paper that you like and Mod Podge it to the front of the remaining 5 blocks.  Follow the same directions as in steps 7 and 8 used here to apply the paper.

Drill two holes for the twig arms in the center of each side (of the center block) for each snowman.  Drill a hole about 1 1/4" deep.  I plan to hot glue them together.  Embellish their faces, buttons, noses, eyes, scarfs, hats anyway you like, make it your own.

For further directions go to Today's Fabulous Finds: http://todaysfabulousfinds.blogspot.com/2011/01/2x4-snowman-puzzle.html

Enjoy the snowman!  Thanks for dropping by.
Enjoy the journey, live well, laugh often, love a lot, and be happy ;)
({hugs})
Jackie


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea Jackie! These are so cute and I bet a lot of fun to make. I'm taking a note of this post...I want to do this project! Thanks for the website info too, I'm going to check it out.

    Since my boys are all grown up, 23 &17, I've downsized my tree to one of those slim ones and now am focusing more on making decorations to put up in place of the ones I've had for years and years and years...lol! Oh, except for the 45 or so nutcrackers we have been collecting since 19 eighty something. I'm required to put those out still! ;) Have fun decorating!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Never Growing Old